Distance from major cities
- Area: 115 square miles
- City population: 202,000
- County population: 242,628
- Altitude: 3,245 feet above sea level
Albuquerque - 321 miles
Amarillo - 119 miles
Dallas - 322 miles
Denver, Colo. - 538 miles
El Paso - 344 miles
Fort Worth - 292 miles
Houston - 518 miles
Midland - 117 miles
San Antonio - 397 miles
Out-of-town bus service
The Lubbock Bus Terminal is located at 1313 13th St., 765-6641. Lubbock is serviced by TNM&O (Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma) Coaches Inc., 749-0249.
Directions. From the bus station to the museum: West on 13th Street to Avenue Q, north on Avenue Q to Fourth Street, west on Fourth Street to Indiana Avenue. Museum is on south side of the street.
Lubbock International Airport is serviced by American/American Eagle Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta ASA and Southwest Airlines.
Directions. From the airport to the museum: South on I-27 to Fourth Street, west on Fourth Street to Indiana Avenue. Museum is on south side of the street.
Local bus service
Citibus. Routes updated at www.citibus.com. Cost: 50 cents each time a passenger boards a bus, or $2 for a day-pass.
- Things to see and do in Lubbock area:
www.Llanoestacado.com or call (806) 698-6530.
- City tours with music, or dinner-and-shows:
www.TexasMusicKitchen.com or call (806) 783-8880.
- Geographic Information: Lubbock is located in the center of the Texas South Plains. North Latitude: 33 degrees, 39 minutes, 5 seconds. West Longitude: 101 degrees, 49 minutes, 33 seconds.
- Lubbock is the entertainment and convention destination for West Texas and Eastern New Mexico.
- Lubbock is home to Texas Tech University (approximately 25,000 students), Lubbock Christian University and branch campuses of South Plains College and Wayland Baptist University.
- Lubbock is ranked as a major center for oil/gas, medicine and wholesale/retail trade. Lubbock is the center of the vast West Texas cotton industry and Texas wine industry. There are three wineries in Lubbock, all offering tours:
- Cap*Rock Winery - south of Lubbock 1/2 mile east of U.S. 87 on Woodrow Road. 863-2704.
- Llano Estacado Winery - south of Lubbock, 3.2 miles east of U.S. 87 on FM 1585. Founded in 1976, it is the largest premium winery in Texas. 745-2258.
- Pheasant Ridge Winery - I-27 north to exit 14, two miles east to winery's sign, one mile south on County Road 2600. 746-6033.
- Lubbock has 68 parks. The Lubbock Parks and Recreation Department maintains more than 3,200 acres of land.